Workplace certificate manager

Administration tool ::: tool_certificate
Maintained by Marina Glancy, Mikel Martín Corrales, Emilio Lozano, Rafael Lechugo, Ruslan Kabalin
Part of set Moodle Workplace.
Design, issue and verify digital certificates. This plugin is fully compatible with Moodle LMS.
Latest release:
6007 sites
2k downloads
110 fans
Current versions available: 2

This plugin allows users to create certificate templates on the system and course category levels. Certificate templates can have user fields such as user name, profile picture, etc, and also additional dynamic fields that are added by the issuer (through API).

The built-in interface allows users to issue certificates manually and browse the issued certificates.

A verification code / link / QR code can be added to the certificate template. Certificates can be verified by unauthenticated users even on sites with forced login and no guest access.

Other plugins can depend on this plugin to issue certificates based on some criteria, for example Course certificates (mod_coursecertificate) is an activity module that will automatically issue certificates when the student satisfies the access restrictions. The mod_coursecertificate plugin will send the course name and completion information to the tool_certificate plugin, so if these fields are included in the template, they will be displayed on the certificate.

Moodle WorkplaceThis plugin has been contributed and is maintained by the Moodle Workplace team.

See the documentation page in the Moodle Workplace documentation site for more information. Please note that some of the features described in the documentation might be exclusive to Moodle Workplace.

Screenshots

Screenshot #0
Screenshot #1

Contributors

Marina Glancy (Lead maintainer)
Mikel Martín Corrales
Please login to view contributors details and/or to contact them

Comments RSS

Show comments
  • Brian Grinter
    Sun, 7 Nov 2021, 4:43 PM
    Is it possible to set an expiry date on a certificate to be a set period of time after completion? We are looking to add this for a child safety course for volunteers who work with children, and would like to have them resit the qualification every 12 months. Volunteers will sit the course when they join the organisation, and if I join in November, I don't want to have it expire on the 31st December for example.

Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Brian
  • Joe Davidson
    Wed, 26 Jan 2022, 1:34 PM
    Also, my concern is how to delete an element from the certificate template?

Best regards!
    Joe from www.chimneysweepwilmington.com/
  • alex ortmanns
    Mon, 11 Apr 2022, 6:16 AM
    So the word "certificate" is turned into a hyperlink in the pdf document, I don't understand how this happens since it is a "text" element, how can I disable it turning into a hyperlink to the course certificate page?
  • Marina Glancy
    Wed, 20 Apr 2022, 11:43 PM
    REMINDER! Please do not ask questions and do not report bugs in this comments section, it is not monitored. Use the BUG TRACKER - https://tracker.moodle.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CONTRIB%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Set%3A%20Course%20certificate%22
  • Güven Yilmaz
    Thu, 21 Jul 2022, 3:25 AM
    Hi, I have 3 issues with the plugin. Could you please help me to solve that issues?
    1. 'Certificate' word becomes a link in PDF
    2. Turkish characters shows as '?' in PDF
    3. Completion date of certificate not shown in PDF. I have added completion date as 'Dynamic Field'.
    Thanks in advance. Best Regards. Thank you for the plugin. <3
  • Marina Glancy
    Thu, 21 Jul 2022, 3:50 PM
    REMINDER! Please do not ask questions and do not report bugs in this comments section, it is not monitored. Use the BUG TRACKER - https://tracker.moodle.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CONTRIB%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Set%3A%20Course%20certificate%22

1. this looks the same as https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-8943
    2. Make sure to use UTF-8 fonts, for example "Free Sans", if you still have problems - please create an issue in tracker
    3. course completion date will only be shown if you issue certificate from mod_coursecertificate
  • Cengiz Karaduman
    Tue, 25 Oct 2022, 4:27 PM
    Hello, I also use this plugin, but font selection is not made in the serial, how can I add Turkish fonts? Turkish Characters seem problematic.
  • Ricardo Groiso
    Fri, 11 Nov 2022, 9:05 AM
    Hi,
    Hi,
    I have 5 professors for 5 courses, one from each educational institution.
    I want to know if it is possible to create a different certificate for each institution, and a professor does not see the certificate of others.
    Detail: All courses are created by the administrator.
    Is there any way to hide other certificate templates?
    Thanks
  • Marina Glancy
    Wed, 16 Nov 2022, 6:44 PM
    You can place courses and certificates in different course categories. The teacher will only be able to see the certificates in the categories containing the current course
  • Ricardo Groiso
    Tue, 22 Nov 2022, 7:08 AM
    Hi, Marina
    From what I understand in the tutorial, the certificate is selected by category and subcategory, but I need it to be by course, because each teacher has their course and I wouldn't want a teacher to view the other models than yours.
    It's possible? Where can I find tutorial for this?
  • Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sun, 14 Jan 2024, 7:52 PM
    Hi sir
    I have 2 question please
    the first one
    I'm trying to put dynamic feild but in the "field" choise there is no element in the list and I couldn't complete the process without complete this feild

the second one
    when I preview the certificate I found some of numbers format changed to question marks like that ???????
    how i can solve this problem
  • Marina Glancy
    Tue, 16 Jan 2024, 4:22 PM
    Hello Mohamed, please use the tracker to report issues and provide screenshots and detailed description. Please specify are you trying to do it as a developer or administrator.
  • Hisham Nazmy
    Fri, 15 Mar 2024, 7:25 PM
    Hello guys. We are using your great plugin in a large Moodle installation for a federal state. Great work. But is there a way to send a certificate not only to the user, but also to one or more stored emails?
  • Marina Glancy
    Sat, 16 Mar 2024, 1:23 AM
    Hello, no, there is no such functionality. If you would like to suggest improvement, you can create an issue in the tracker (link above). You are also welcome to submit a pull request. This is an open-source project. You can also create your own plugin that would listen to the event and send copies of the certificates to the other recepients.

• Queenie Chan
    Sat, 23 Mar 2024, 9:55 AM
    For anyone that may have this issue of the plugin strings going missing, installing the plugin in the back-end fixes that issue. I wasn't able to install from Moodle front-end no matter how many times i tried. It would just give me [pluginname_....] [modulename] etc etc. If you have access to you moodle folder, just extract into the /admin/tool/ folder.
1 2 3
Please login to post comments