How to turn your Moodle course into an Advent calendarFor those who missed it last year, this year's first Advent calendar entry is Lenka's entry from last year, explaining how she made this advent calendar in Moodle and how you can do so too!
When I was looking for the right medium for this year's countdown to Christmas endeavour, using a Moodle course did not immediately come to mind. Then I got this (what I thought at the time) genius idea, only to find out it is not actually a new idea at all, and Mary has suggested it back in 2014 in this forum post.I did switch from the Grid course format plugin to its more modern cousin Tiles, but other than that, all of Mary's original advice still stands:
And if you want to make your Advent calendar publicly available:
- Create a new course with 25 course sections with images with numbers (I used the public domain images from publicdomainpictures.net)
- Restrict access to each section by date, from December 1 to December 25 (this allows you to prepare your content before publishing)
- Add some introduction to the summary of the General section and the "gifts" in the summaries the 25 sections below
- Enable guest access enrolment method for the course
- Turn on Auto-login guests in User policies
A gift for your Moodle for December the 1st brought to you by Lenka from Catalyst IT Europe.